Course Objectives: Learn three proven ways to activate group participation. Hands-on practice helps you discover practical uses in your life and work. Participants work individually and in small groups to see the ToP Methods in action, and then have the opportunity to practice facilitating in class.
Course Description: Learn and practice the core methods in this 2-day course.
See course dates and times here
Focused Conversation Method
Learn the foundational approach that leads naturally to a meaningful exchange of ideas.
- Conduct purposeful discussions
- Capture a group’s best thinking easily
- Surface new ideas and solutions
- Stimulate candid feedback
Consensus Workshop Method
Practice the engaging, structured process that energizes people to reach consensus.
- Tap rational and intuitive thought processes
- Integrate diverse ideas
- Generate practical and creative solutions
- Develop group consensus
Action Planning Method
Walk through practical steps that help groups plan, organize resources, and build commitment.
- Visualize a successful result
- Analyze the current reality
- Create a practical plan
- Maximize group involvement
People who work with groups that need high-level participation to be effective, including:
- Managers and supervisors
- Executive directors and board members
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Educators and health practitioners
- Active citizens and community workers
Benefits to Your Organization
- Unproductive conflict disappears
- Groups create their own motivation
- Personal commitment becomes the norm
- Visible results appear more quickly
- Increased productivity saves time and money
- $645 ($595 early bird)
Two mentor ToP trainers lead the course. Each brings extensive experience in using and teaching the ToP methods locally and internationally.
Testimonials on ToP Facilitation Methods
“Today, we have more than 200 employees who have been trained in TFM. The results have been outstanding. We have used the talent in our network to complete massive strategic planning efforts with IT leaders from across the State of Minnesota.” - Reine K.
“The ToP Facilitation Methods course showed me a different way to engage and encourage meeting participants. It will be a valuable tool as I continue my journey in facilitation.” - Amy R.
“The ToP Facilitation Method (TFM) training provides an excellent foundation of knowledge and skills for executives, project managers, group facilitators, and anyone who leads or participates in group discussions or decision making activities. TFM provides clear, concise, and inclusive methods for efficient and productive group communication.” - Rodney H.